Cooking · Food · foodie · Healthy · instagram · Kid Food · kids · Kitchen · mom & me · Random shit · Recipe

{asian turkey + green beans}

IMG_7524

It’s Thursday peeps.  I stayed up till the butt-crack of dawn prepping + cleaning + packing.  We leave for Portland today!  Anyone else do that?  The night before a trip, stay up all night cleaning + organizing + cooking + decorating…..absolutely anything to avoid packing?  I get this crazy urge to make sure my house is clean AF.  Just in case a robber breaks in, my shit looks nice and tight?  Ha!  No, really – I get a huge since of ease knowing everything is tidy and right where it belongs.  And it’s gonna be just like that when I return.  And I despise packing.  #tiredaf

So, as I was editing photos I thought – let’s keep it really real today.  Remember when I posted {things I’m afraid to tell you} and I admitted that “I don’t really have marble counter tops”  I get DM’s ALL THE TIME about my fake marble counters and it makes me laugh out loud.  I think out of all the 11 things, this is the one you guys liked the most!

 

Here’s what I see…..

Half drank glass of red wine, which is never more than an arm’s length away while I’m cooking.

Random spices.

Cutting boards + knives.

Props and dishes.

Marble slab my homegirl Sarah P gave me.  Sometimes I use a roll of marble wrapping paper too.

And lo and behold…my beautiful tile counter tops.

Would you even follow me or make my recipe if I posted that?  Ha!

IMG_7443

 

And here’s what you see…..

Damn look at those marble counter tops 🙂

A pretty plate of food.

Cropped and filtered to look heavenly.

It’s amazing what editing can do, right?

Pretty sure you wouldn’t click and read my posts if I stuck the original photos on instagram.

IMG_7527

 

More importantly,

This Asian Turkey + Green bean recipe.

You guys, my kid LOVES Chinese food.  Anytime you ask her what sounds good, she’ll 90% of the time say Red Dragon, really Golden Dragon.  But the Dragon on the sign is red, so Red Dragon it is.  The other 10% Inside Out Burger.  Yep, that’s what she calls it…lol.

I made this dish for dinner and before Bay finished cleaning her plate, she asked me to pack it for her lunch the next day.  Cold.  She’s hardcore like that.  But, that goes to show, it’s so damn good.  Good enough to eat cold the next day!

Perfect weeknight dinner too!  20 minutes and done!  And you’re getting all the food groups with a huge punch of flavor.  Print it.  Pin it.  Make it.  Tag me.  Okay?

 

IMG_7526

 

 

 

asian turkey + green beans

  • Servings: 6
  • Difficulty: easy AF
  • Print

IMG_7529.jpg

Asian Turkey + Green Beans easy weeknight dinner that’s packed with flavor.  Your family will love this one!

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • 1 packet Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice, prepared (1 cup any rice uncooked works)
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced about 1 cup (set some aside for garnish)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
  • 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (I made my own…recipe below}
  • 1 lb fresh green beans, washed + trimmed
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds

 

Here’s what you’ll do:

Cook rice according to package directions.

While rice is cooking, heat sesame oil in a large pan over high heat.  Add green onions + garlic, cook for about 2 minutes.

Add turkey and saute for 5 minutes.

Once turkey is cooked, stir in chili garlic sauce + hoisin sauce + green beans.

Cover pan and continue cooking for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently until green beans are tender.

Lastly, add white wine vinegar and give a good stir.

Serve over rice and top with extra green onions + red pepper flakes + sesame seeds.

Enjoy!

https://xoxostacyb.com/

 

hoisin sauce

  • Difficulty: easy
  • Print

Easy Hoisin Sauce

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
  • dash of garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • black pepper

Here’s what you’ll do:

Combine all ingredients into a mason jar.  Shake it up real good.  Store in the fridge for 1 week!

https://xoxostacyb.com/

IMG_7526

 

Have a great day.  See you back here tomorrow for {friday 5}

 

xoxo stacyb

4 thoughts on “{asian turkey + green beans}

Leave a Reply