Life is busy and there are never enough hours in the day. Girl, I get it. We’re all busy AF! Trying to keep up with kids, family, friends, work fitness…the struggle is real. But, you just gotta schedule a little time for yourself. No matter what it is. Do something that makes you feel good. Relax. Rejuvenated.
Self care looks different for everyone. Some think fancy spa days. For others it can be cozying up with a good book. Whatever it means to you, just do it. Treat yo self!
Here’s how we practice self-care in our home……
Typically Sunday’s are our weekly self-care day for the week. Bay and I do all the things we love the most…..
- Pajamas // Treat yourself to a good pair of pajamas. Sounds silly, I know. But, trust me..it makes a difference. There is nothing better than putting on a comfy pair of soft PJ’s and kickin it. I swear by Dreamy cotton pajama set in stripe. So much, that I own them in both colors. They aren’t cheap but 100% worth it! And let’s be real…when is the last time you bought yourself a pair of actual pajamas?
- Social Media // Treat yourself to a break from social media. Put your phone down and flip through a magazine. Read a book (I don’t, but it sounds good). Watch a movie. Put it on the charger though, that way it’s at 100% when you’re done 🙂
- Walk // Treat yourself to a walk in the neighborhood. I can promise you wont ever regret taking a walk. Even if it’s only 10 minutes. It really does re-charge your batteries.
- Hair mask // Treat yourself + your hair. When you’re ready to wind down for the night, put a hair mask on your poor tired strands and do numbers 5-7. I love Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioning Treatment. It’s $3 at Target. I follow the directions, except I leave it on for about an hour. Put my hair up in a bun and wash it before I go to bed.
- Face mask // Treat yourself + your skin. Grab one of those face masks you have in the bathroom drawer. I recently invested in a skin care line and I’m obsessed. I ordered the TULA Starter kit for $50. And the TULA Exfoliating Treatment Mask is so bomb. Bay prefers one of those weird peel off ones where you feel like your whole face is about to come off. I just can’t.
- At-home mani // Treat yourself + your nails. I’m not just talking about slapping a fresh coat of OPI on and calling it a day. Really take time and do your cuticles, trim your nails, file, do a hand mask. My fave color: OPI Bubble Bath. Shit, do your toes too while you’re at it. Then lube them up with lotion and put on a pair of your fuzziest socks. And #7.
- Go to sleep // Treat yourself to an early bedtime. God knows sleep is everything. And once you’ve done all that shit above, you will be crazy relaxed and ready to kick Monday’s ass!
And to make it even easier for you….I’ve linked ALL THE THINGS we love most for our Self Care Sunday Session!
This is my TULA skincare that I’m totally in LOVE with right now. I’ve been using it for 1 month and I can truly see and feel a difference. First time I’ve ever invested in a real skin care regime.
This coming Sunday….do me a favor? Pick a couple self care items above and just do it! Make it a habit. There isn’t another person who can take better care of yourself that YOU!