I saw this recipe on my instagram feed last week and knew it had to happen ASAP! This is the ideal recipe for this cold AF California weather we are currently experiencing. Raise your hand if you’re ready for some higher temps + sunshine!!
You guys, this recipe is what I call HANDS-OFF! It’s a dump + go. Ha…that sounds bad. Throw and go sound better? You know what I mean!! The slow cooker does all the work for you! And the outcome is a hearty + healthy + delicious meal you and your peeps will dig.
This is a spin on the classic white chicken chili….only difference is the quinoa. And you’ll be happy you added it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (7 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cilantro (makes it pretty)
- green onion (I heart green onions)
- shredded cheese (because everything cheesy is better)
- sliced avocado (duh)
- greek yogurt (my go-to replacement for sour cream)
Here’s what you do:
Throw everything in your slow cooker. Give it a quick stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.
When ready to serve, shred chicken. Season with additional salt + pepper if needed.
Don’t forget to gussy up your bowl with your favorite toppings!
Beware, it makes a shit ton of chili. I frozen a couple 1 1/2 cup portions to enjoy the next couple of weeks!!
Thanks for the delicious recipe Eat Yourself Skinny!!!