So, Kaia Fit Woodland BRIK began. We’re right smack dab in week #2. It’s been hardcore. But, I love it!
I’ve gotten questions about when I’ll be sharing my pre-BRIK weight/measurements. Well, I’m not! I didn’t even do weight/measurements, to be honest. No numbers. No photos. Not happening.
Here’s the scoop……
I generally consider myself to have a pretty healthy view of body image. At 36, I have definitely spent years with my fair share of sad thoughts and imperfect expectations. But for the most part, I feel like I’ve overcome insecurities + learning to be more and more confident. Until the other day……
I let the scale ruin my day. Sure it wasn’t what I wanted to see. But the saddest part of it all is that I let that number (I mean numbersssss) define my day.
And that’s not ok!
So I’m doing BRIK a little different this time around.
Do you want to know what my workout plan has been lately? I call it diddly squat! Up until about 3 weeks ago, I hardly made it to the gym.
Remember I told you that after the move, I’d get my shit together? Well, I’m moved. I’m settled. So guess what? It’s time! Time to stop being a lazy bitch with every excuse known to man. Time to get out of the funk and get back to taking care of my body.
Summer is on the horizon, so it’s time to leave all the excuses and dust off the Nikes.
I read this article last week about 5 challenges that hold us back. I realized that in a way I currently fall under all 5. FML!
- Procrastination & Laziness – You know what you need to you, but you cant seem to do it.
- Lack of time & too many commitments – Life is busy and you don’t have enough time in the day. You feel there are other things that are more important.
- Inconsistency with taking action – You struggle with consistency and have a hard time sticking with it.
- Fear of failure and self-doubt – You’re tired of failing and don’t think you’ll succeed, so you don’t even try now.
- Lack of Focus – You get too excited and over commit in the moment, get bored, and slide right back into your normal routine.
My BRIK game plan: focusing on a few goals + remembering repeat this manta!
Here’s my game plan:
- kick it on the sugar (with minimal adult beverages) A hangry sober Stacy would just be all bad. TRUST me!
- upped my fitbit daily step goal to 15,000 steps per day. (I could get 10,000 on any given day)
- drink 1 gallon of water per day. That’s a little over 4 Yeti cups full.
- “Just show up” – Melika (best advice ever) & perfect 5am mon-fri attendance?
- make Myfitness Pal my new best friend. Pre-log each day. Such a huge time-saver and I know exactly what I can/should eat throughout the day.
- buy some cute gym shit, because let’s be real…it helps!
- kick ass on the challenge
- NOT even think about the scale (this is really hard, but necessary)
Okay Kaia girls…what are your BRIK goals?