KITCHEN EDITION //
I’m sure you can tell by now that I have a love for all things pretty. Kitchen + Entertaining especially. It rarely goes out of style. And, you don’t grow out of it…lol. I use my parent’s 38 year old wedding china and absolutely adore it. It’s timeless. I’m a collector of white serving dishes – I can’t help it. The uniform look of a beautiful buffet covered with white serve-ware really makes the food pop. World Market, Pottery Barn and Target are just a few of the places I frequent for new kitchen goods.
Here is my wish list of all kitchen pretties I would love to add to my cherished collection.
* Every cook needs to have a pretty anthro apron. I wear mine mainly when entertaining to save my clothes. But, this one is so pretty I would consider wearing it daily.
* Soma Water Filter Pitcher has rave reviews. It’s easy on the eyes and the pocketbook with a $39 price tag. The filter is made of coconut shell carbon and plant-based casing that removes chlorine and improves taste. Best part – for every Soma purchased, clean drinking water is donated to people in need through Soma’s nonprofit charity, Water.
* Crate & Barrel designed the wine glasses I’ve been dreaming of. Now that the stemless phase has faded, I’m back to preferring a stem on my evening (sometimes daytime) beverage. These cylindrical glasses have an elegant edge to them.
* Please tell me you religiously follow Thug Kitchen like myself? I’d say the new name of their cookbook says it all. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck. Cursing get’s my attention and the recipes are damn good too:) It would look completely appropriate sitting on my kitchen counter!
* Martha Stewart it my idol! That chick was probably teaching inmates how to craft, and I bet they even liked it too. Check out this festive Cast Iron Pumpkin Casserole. Every Halloween we carve pumpkins and feast on my Mom’s homemade soup. This would be the perfect addition to our tradition.
* Target has gold flatware and it’s actually reasonably priced. Hallelujah!! Obsessed with everything gold, thanks to my girl, Stover (she liked gold before gold was cool). Threshold Izon Flatware doesn’t have amazing reviews, but god they are so handsome. Wonder if I can set my table then swap with my Oneida when it’s time to eat? The gold can be for looks only…haha.
* World Markets Porcelain Plate Set is an entertainers staple. I really need to invest in this. I’m always calling my mom to borrow some of her pieces, since we have the same set. $24.99 for 12 dinner plates is a steal.
* Black Al Fresco Chalkboard Stand made my Christmas list this year. This is versatile – I could use for so many different things around the house. Welcoming guests, displaying the dinner menu or even good morning love notes.
* I never invest in table linens, I prefer to use fabric. To jazz up my table, I like to use linen napkins like these. Plaid is so in right now too. #targetdoesitagain
* The Pottery Barn Blonde Wood Wine Trough is not your usual ice bucket. Made of hand-carved wood with a galvanized-iron bin. Monogramming is available on this beauty too. Displaying wine always looks so lovely. It also helps so guests can easily access without digging through the fridge.
* Wouldn’t this Charcuterie Cutting Board make for a perfect cheese board along with these Metal Hand-Stamped Knives. “Lay it on thick” is stamped down the side. Love it. And now…..I have a hankering for cheese!!
* A couple of my girlfriends own the Pottery Barn Blonde Wood Pedestals. I would be lying if I didn’t admit, that I secretly want to steal them every time I leave their house. They are perfect for setting up a layered look with appetizers or desserts. I’ve even seen it styled with candles. The Wine Trough above matches perfectly.
* World Market is my go-to when looking for kitchen beauties. They offer great coupons and I happen to have a store about 5 minutes from my office. Some lunch breaks are spent strolling though the store for inspiration. Wire 3-Tier Glass Drying Rack has been styled all over blogs and instagram with coffee mugs, seen here, Christmas ornaments and mason jars. Super cute.
What’s on your kitchen wish list? I’d love to hear what you’re crushing on or saving for.