Rich + fudgy. Soft + chewy. Loaded with chocolate, hence the name.
Bay came up with the name based on 1 ingredient used 3 different ways.
- melted semi-sweet chocolate chips melted with butter
- cocoa powder
- M&M’s + more chocolate chips are stirred in at the end.
Lotttssss of chocolate! Just the way Bay likes it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s (a big bag)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
Preheat oven to 300. Line your pan with parchment paper or a silpat. Lightly spray with pam.
Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl. Follow package directions for melting. Set aside.
Whisk together flour + cocoa powder + baking powder + salt. Set aside.
Using your mixer, whisk sugar + brown sugar + eggs + milk + vanilla.
Slowly add the flour mixture until combined.
Add melted chocolate mixture.
Fold in the M&M’s + milk chocolate chips into the batter.
Using your cookie scoop, place batter on prepared pan.
Bake for 16 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool completely before removing.
Couple tips from Bailey the baker:
- the batter needs to be scooped, not rolled. The batter is thin. Invest in a cookie scoop.
- they spread so make sure you do not over crowd the cookie sheet.
- these cookies are chocolate heavy, so the salt + vanilla are key in this recipe.
- you MUST allow them to cool completely before removing from the pan. About 10-15 minutes.
Wouldn’t these cookies be super cute with the Valentine M&M’s. You know, the red + pink + white ones? Bay may have to make them again 🙂
We found these super cute boxes in the Valentines’s Day section at target ♥