BIG thank you for all the sweet messages + calls + texts. You guys sure do know how to make a girl feel special on her Birthday!
First Monday of the New Year and the Holiday hangover is really, real. So I’m just going to hide my poor tired face today 😆
As I start my thirty f’n eighth year, I thought I’d share 38 things that I’ve learned…..tried + true!
- Motherhood is the most rewarding profession
- Smile, it’s your best asset
- It’s okay to be alone
- Make your bed
- Family is everything
- Laugh at yourself, seriously!!
- Travel, even if it’s only 2 hours away
- Less really is more, unless we’re referring to jeans!
- When in doubt, wear ALL black
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Twice yearly teeth cleanings are mandatory
- Take lots of pictures
- Serving + giving to others feels better than you think
- Failure is the best teacher
- Fresh flowers are an instant mood lifter
- Clean the house on Thursday night (weekends are NOT for cleaning)
- Workout more days per week than you don’t
- Thank you letters + snail mail never go unnoticed
- Learn to say “NO” and not feel guilty
- Quality > Quantity
- Facebook is not for your dirty laundry
- ALWAYS have a bottle of wine at home
- Getting carded is a good thing these days
- When you find a man that likes to cook, keep him
- A clean car and full tank of gas make Monday’s better
- Wear red lipstick
- Celebrate ALL THE THINGS
- Call + text + email your friends often
- Don’t drink soda
- Sitting on a beach is the most relaxing place to be
- Make friends with your UPS man
- Don’t believe everything you hear
- Mom’s are the best therapy + they serve you wine too 🙂
- There truly is no place like home
- Drink a shit-ton of water, then drink a little more
- Tell your people you love them every time you say goodbye
- Repeat after me: everything will be okay!
- Never, ever give up!
I like to say I’m 35 at heart! Cheers to 30-ish years! Ha!
You can find each item from this post by clicking on the images below……
(remember you use the arrow to the right to scroll though all the images)
Have a good one friends!