This past Sunday, February 17th, was Nation Random Acts of Kindness Day. Out of all the cheesy “national days” I think this is one we could + should all get behind! Get outside your comfort zone…just a little bit. Kindness is straight up magic. And it can really brighten the shit out of someones day!
And to be completely honest, it’s a really great way to lift your own spirits too! It’s a two for one, baby!
For example: I was at Target the other day….go figure. Waiting in line. I let a women with #hellakids go in front of me at the self checkout. She was dumbfounded that I would let her go ahead of me. As though nobody had even done that for her before. She even offered to buy me the sugar free red bull I had in hand.
Which got me thinking…….
Just think if each of us do ONE simple random act of kindness each day. What if it became a chain reaction?
Here’s a list of simple acts that I came up with……
- send a “just because” email or snail mail to a girlfriend
- drop off books to your neighborhood Little Free library
- tell someone their top is cute
- let someone in line ahead of you at Target or the grocery store
- thank the school or office janitor
- leave a compliment on someone’s Instagrams post
- say “good morning” to peeps on your way into Starbucks
- text your Mom + Dad and thank them for something random
- drop off the extra baked goods to your neighbor
- smile at people in passing…just not the creepy looking ones
- return a shopping cart for someone
- run/walk a 5k that benefits a good cause
- message a former teacher who made a difference
- bring your neighbors toters in after garbage day
- encourage someone who is working extra hard
- leave a sticky note with a smiley face on your friends car
- do that one chore your partner hates to do
- make someone laugh or even smile
- leave a generous tip
- buy a bum a tall can or bottled water
- write a good online review for a local shop or restaurant
- thank a police officer or firefighter
- give kudos to a co-worker or classmate
- help someone before they ask
The outfit details are completely irrelevant…haha! Kinda. Technically I was wearing this top at Target that day. When I let the lady with #hellakids cut in front of me in line. And she did compliment me on this top. So there’s that….now, it’s totally relevant, right?
I picked up these black jeans after my style icon, Lisa Allen raved about them. They are an investment denim, but save your pennies sisters…they are worth it. I used multiple birthday giftcards to finally snag a pair. Size down…they run large. And you’ll feel skinny AF 🙂
This ruffled bell sleeve top is a recent Target find. I spotted it in the Who What Wear section, which I NEVER look in. It caught my eye and it was LOVE..ha!
Remember when I said I was on the hunt for the perfect black mules? I bought the J.Crew block heel mules and as much as I wanted to love them, they just weren’t the “one!” So I sent them back and found that my Report block heel mules are now in black and $40. I am the proud new owner of this shoe in nude + black. And they are perfection.
Have a great Tuesday! And I double dog dare you to do ONE random act of kindness today. And maybe tomorrow too?