Good morning!! Amplify BRIK is T-minus 5 days peeps.
You are never going to believe what’s in my mug this morning!! Morning Tonic Tea. Not coffee + Bailey’s Irish cream? Say whattt? I swapped my normal day-off morning beverage for a Kaia approved drink. I’m telling you, crazy shit it going down at this house.
Kaia Morning Tonic Tea
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 slices ginger
- dash of cayenne
Boil water. Add lemon + ginger + cayenne and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
Who need coffee when you got cayenne – that shit will wake you up, promise!!
Ok, friends – I’ve read and re-read recipes, nutrition, meal plans, preparation…you name it. I’m feeling more and more ready.
Melika, Owner + Kaia Coach + Great friend, suggested I pick a couple of the Kaia 10 Commandments this week (pre-kaia) and focus on them. It’s frickin brilliant. Anything to help ease this body into what is about it hit me next week, has got to help, right?
KAIA 10 COMMANDMENTS:
- Water, water, water
- Eat dinner before 6pm and definitely not past 7pm
- Eat 30-35 grams of fiber daily
- Cut alcohol: sorry chard + cab, we have to break up 😦
- Replace sugar
- Replace white stuff
- NEVER skip meals
- Cut the crap: artificial or processed, that is.
- Limit or eliminate dairy and meat
- Eat unlimited veggies!!
Here’s what I’m going to focus on this week:
- Water – drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water per day. Example 150 lbs = 75 ounces of water a day.
- Replacing sugar – have I mentioned that I’m not a fan of fruit? Well, I’m going to work on it. Apples + Bananas + Pineapples are welcome to join me this week…..and the next 6 weeks too.
- Eat dinner before 6:30pm. This will be a little tricky on certain week nights with kid activities + meetings, but I do love a challenge.
I haven’t skipped a meal since 1998, so that shouldn’t be too hard 🙂 Since it’s New Years Week, we will work on the alcohol part….beginning Monday!! The rest are all going to be equally challenging, so I picked my top three to work on. We shall see how it goes!
What Kaia Commandments will you be working on this pre-kaia week? Let me know…I’d love to hear.