I was listening to Rachel Hollis this morning. You know the chick that wrote, Girl Go Wash Your Face? She said something that got my attention. I’ve actually been thinking about it all day.
Choose what you want most. Not what you want right now!
It stuck! What do I want the very most? Damn. That’s a good one. It’s tough. I want it all, really. I can rattle off about 25 things I want right now. But, one thing I want the very most?
Anyway, just those things that make you go hmmmm.
I’m also following her #last90days challenge. Have you heard of it yet? It’s been plastered ALL over social media, so chances are you’re very well aware. Ha! Let’s chat about it for a second anyway…..
What if you committed to living your last 90 days of this year as hard as you are committing to living the first 30 days of the new year? What if instead of a downhill slide into 2019, you are ramping up!
Here’s how I’m tackling the challenge:
- Get up an hour early // I love to get up at the butt-crack of dawn and get my workout in. To be honest, if it doesn’t happen before the sun comes up….then it aint happening. I can tell myself all damn day that I’ll get it done after work. #bullshit
- Workout for 30 minutes // First thing and then you don’t have to think about it!
- Drink your weight in oz of water // This is the hardest one for me. I fill my yeti cup with lemon + water and try to re-fill it twice before lunch and one more time after. Some days I straight up kill it. Some days I straight up forget.
- Give something up // Sugar. I gave up sugar again. Added sugar. It’s challenging. But, I know it works for me. I’ve done it many times and get the most + best results.
- Gratitude // So many ways to practice gratitude. I’ve found the writing them down first thing when I wake up. Before my coffee. Before my feet hit the floor. Before I have a chance to think about all the shitty things the day many entail. This has been the best thing ever. It really does shift your thoughts to being way more grateful. Try it!
Are you doing the #last90days challenge? Tell me how you’re doing it. I love reading about this challenge and all the unique ways people are embracing it!
Intentions for the Week:
- finalize Thanksgiving menu
- get the house tidy AF
- decorate Bay’s room for Christmas
- work on two Thanksgiving outfits
- pick up tree permits
- make chicken soup
- add extra blankets to our beds
- set Thanksgiving table
- shave my face…lol! Have you heard of it? I’m doing it!
- pack for the coast
Highlights from the weekend:
Praying for California!
Friday night I had margs with my homegirl Alex and didn’t snap a single photo. I cheated and had one of her enchiladas too. So good!
Did you see that Nordy’s is having a sale? I shared some shit that I have and LOVE that is all marked down.
Leith dress // crazy flattering on any body style. Comes in 8 color options and is only $44!!! Get one. Great layered or all alone.
Top Shop Leather Jacket // 40% off making it $55! If you’ve been looking for a good classic leather jacket, this is it! I LOVE mine. Picked mine up last year on super sale too, and wear it more than I should admit!
Hunter Boots (in matte black) // $100! This is a great gift! I actually really like the matte better than my shiny black hunters.
Madewell Jeans // under $60 which is a steal. If you’ve been wanting to try this brand of denim, now is the time. They normally retail for over $100!
Vans // $38 and they are suede. Love the color too. Picked these up for Bay for Christmas…Shhhh!
Picked up some TJ’s pretties for a fun DIY! Coming tomorrow!
Watching Benny play football.
What a play!
When Martini Mama Liz invites you over for her famous martinis…you RUNNNN!
Thanks for a fun afternoon Liz + Alex!
Anyone else kinda obsessed with velvet? I went to J.Crew Factory last week and found some good finds. I’ll be sharing more this week!
We had dinner with friends Saturday night and once again, didn’t snap a single photo. Who am I?
A long Saturday did call for an easy Sunday morning. Coffee + chill!
Finished my DIY for tomorrow. Hope you guys LOVE it ♥
We finally took photos for our Christmas cards! Thanks Mom! My hair was full of static…and I kinda hate them all…lol!
Sunday night dinner. It’s Cory’s thing, and I absolutely love it! I can show up in my slippers and not have to cook anything! #winning
That’s all I got friends! See you tomorrow!!