I only have 3 words…..
H O L Y
F I T
T E S T
“I was running! That’s all I have to say about that!” in my best Forrest Gump voice, obiv!
Like I said yesterday, if this is any indication as to how this BRIK session is going to go down – we are screwed! Day two and my body hurts. I’m not complaining though, it’s that good hurt. That hurt where my fat is screaming….haha.
Here’s the scoop –
Get In Gear:
Each station – Push-ups + Sit-ups + Pull-ups/Upright Row + Jump Rope
3 times, 60 seconds each.
AMRAP: (as many reps as possible)
10 burpees + 10 HB Swings + 10 jump squats
Timed run. Last!
I thought I might die. But, I didn’t!
Week 3 goals –
Increase my Get in Gear Reps
Get through the AMRAP 3 full times
6:50 timed run – that may be pushing it, but I gotta set my goals high!! Have I mentioned that I HATE running with a passion?
Too bad we didn’t run into any taco stands this morning!
I also pulled out the Kaia BRIK 10 Commandments. Remember those things we should try to follow? Well, if you need a refresher like I did – here ya go 🙂
Number 5 and I have a love/hate relationship!
1. Follow the 10 Commandments! If your goal is to lose weight or your goal is to feel better and live longer… the 10 Commandments are vital to your success. Nutrition is just as (IF NOT MORE) important that exercise. You are not dieting your gaining a healthy lifestyle where you feel great and satisfied.
2. Water, Water, Water! Drink at least 80oz. of water every day! Or to be more precise: 7oz. of water for every 10lbs. of your body weight. Water helps you lose weight! Three liters per day can burn 50-75 calories, double your energy, and make your skin glow! Drink alkaline water, spring, or filtered water. Try not to drink tap it’s loaded with chlorine and fluoride. Avoid plastic water bottles or make sure they are BPA Free!
3. Eat Dinner Before 6:00pm & Definitely not Past 7:00pm. Ideally, you should finish eating your dinner three and a half hours before you go to bed. This is important at helping reset the hypothalamus so as not to store fat. Eat a healthy breakfast or snack as soon as you get up in the morning!
4. Eat 30 to 35 Grams of Fiber a Day. Adding fiber to your diet has been shown to speed up the weight loss process dramatically. It can help reduce appetite, relieve constipation, improve digestion and increases energy. See the fiber chart for ideas. Fiber is best in food and not as supplements. You burn 7 calories for every gram of fiber. If you’re getting your 35g per day… that’s 245 calories!!!
5. No Alcohol! Your body reacts to alcohol (other than the taxation on your liver, your metabolism, and your brain) just like it does pure sugar. It’s a straight shot of glucose into your blood stream and insulin can’t keep up so your body stores what it can’t use as fat. Don’t let anything control you…it’s good practice to go out to dinner or out with friends and order a sparkling water with lemon and have just as much fun with out the addictive side effects. You can do it…it’s only six weeks!
6. Sugar is the devil! Nothing over 9g of sugar! Sugar throws our body into an immune suppressed, nonworking state of chronic fatigue, depression, and hormonal imbalance. It is the leading cause of disease and depression in this country. Break the sugar addiction; get rid of refined sugar (anything that isn’t fruit). Fat is not the leading cause of obesity – SUGAR IS!
7. No White Stuff! No white flour or grains! White rice is a refined form of brown rice. The refining process removes fiber and nutrients from the grain. One cup of cooked brown rice contains 3.5g of fiber and has 218 calories. One cup of cooked white rice has virtually no fiber but delivers 242 calories. Pastas & breads too!
8. Never Skip Meals. Most obese people have one thing in common – skipping meals. The moment you allow your blood sugar to drop, you become a fat storing machine. You must eat three balanced meals to keep your metabolism humming. Read about the sumo-wrestlers diet!
9. Cut the Crap…No Artificial or Processed Anything! For these next six weeks cut all the things in our diet that slow you down. So #1 is cutting sugar, white flour, rice, crackers, honey, pasta, rice cakes, Power Bars etc. Do not consume any food that has NutraSweet, Splenda, aspartame, sucralose, monosodium glutamate or saccharin on the label. These artificial additives WILL make you fat, are chemically addicting and cause depression and anxiety. Eat ALL organic meat and dairy. Meats and cheese that is not certified organic are loaded with growth hormones, antibiotics and other drugs. Try to buy most of your produce organic avoiding pesticides, genetically modified foods, and chemicals. These above poisons may create hormonal imbalances in the body leading to weight gain, abnormal storing of fat, menstrual cycle problems, PMS, and depression.
10. Eat Unlimited Veggies! Eat ALL the non-root veggies you can. The more greens you eat the better you will feel. They are packed with vitamins, minerals & chlorophyll which help with digestion, weight loss & increased energy. Eat veggies with every meal. Spinach for breakfast, kale for lunch, broccoli for dinner… You pick your favs! You can get all of your vitamins & minerals (including protein!) from your greens.
See you Thursday Kaia sisters!!! And come back tomorrow for a delish Kaia friendly recipe!!