Just got off the phone with my Mom. Spent the whole convo bitching about my day. And it’s not even that bad. I’m just tried. Grumpy. Hungry. You know, a shit day!
My Mom added, that I’d normally go buy myself something cute. But, guess what? I CAN’T! I debated on it though. I did spend some time online “browsing.” And if I was NOT on a spending freeze, I for sure would have bought myself the Anthro mug + this workout tank + DYING for this open front sweater-blazer (that will 100% be sold out by the 19th of September) + the yellow floral sweatshirt…I die. The Old Navy bomber jacket or the Abercrombie pink bomber? That would be the real question.
So I grabbed a red bull + some dark chocolate almonds instead. And I’m happy to report, I’m feel, maybe a little better than I did an hour ago?
And it got me thinking……
What I do when I have a SHIT DAY:
- Cry, but only for like 5 minutes. Set a timer even. Grieve what ever it is that’s got you down. Then you gotta be a gangster!
- Call your Mom. Your homegirl. The one that just listens. Then probably says something so absurd that you can’t help but laugh your ass off!
- Put on your favorite album, preferably not George Strait today though. And rock out! Sing as loud as you can. Like GG in the picture above ♥ If that doesn’t make you smile, then we can’t be friends.
- Drink a shit-ton of water. Water is the cure-all. And chances are, you’re gonna follow it up with a shit-ton of booze later. So, you’ll be hydrated AF!
- Go to Trader Joe’s and buy yourself some flowers. They are utterly healing.
- Watch or listen to something that makes you laugh. Mine: ashleylongshoreart Instagram or It’s Hot As Hell!! YouTube you’re welcome!
- A long ass walk or workout #endorphins
- Pet a dog. I read that somewhere, but that for sure wouldn’t help me. Probably great for an animal love though.
- If you’re not on a spending freeze…then buy yourself something really fucking cute. Like one of the items I linked above. That would for sure do the trick.
- Happy Hour! Sometimes you gotta just drink-it-out!
- Then go home, take a bath. Do a sheet mask or paint your nails.
- And go to bed. Call it a day. Tomorrow is a new day and it’s bound to be better, right?
If you’re having a shit day too, cheer up buttercup ♥