Today marks 34 years!! It’s my birthday peeps 🙂
As I enter my 34th year, I want to share 34 things that I’ve learned….tried + true:
- Motherhood is the most rewarding profession
- Smile, it’s your best asset
- It’s okay to be alone
- Make your bed
- Family is everything
- Laugh at yourself, seriously!!
- Travel, even if it’s only 2 hours away
- Less really is more, unless we’re referring to shoes!
- When in doubt, wear ALL black
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Twice yearly teeth cleanings are mandatory
- Take lots of pictures
- Serving + giving to others feels better than you think
- Failure is the best teacher
- Fresh flowers are an instant mood lifter
- Clean the house on Thursday night (weekends are NOT for cleaning)
- Workout more days per week than you don’t.
- Thank you letters + snail mail never go unnoticed
- Learn to say “NO”
- Quality > Quantity
- Facebook is not for your dirty laundry
- ALWAYS have a bottle of wine at home
- Getting carded is a good thing these days
- When you find a man that likes to cook, keep him
- A clean car and full tank of gas make Mondays better
- Wear red lipstick
- Call + text + email your friends often
- Don’t drink soda
- Sitting on a beach is the most relaxing place to be
- Make friends with your UPS man
- Don’t believe everything you hear
- Mom’s are the best therapy + they serve you wine too 🙂
- Never, ever give up!
Cheers to 30-ish years 🙂
Well, I made it thought my first day of Kaia workout + food plan. Can I get a hell yeah?!?!? My body aches, but it’s that good ache. The ache I’ve missed.
We also received our first fitness challenge of the year…..
Crank Your Plank Challenge
Strengthening our core and increasing our fitness threshold with CYPC (crank your plank challenge).
The goal is to get to a 6-minutes plank without rest by the end of Amplify BRIK session.
Say what? I’ve got a lot of plank practice in my next 6 weeks, let me tell ya. My current plank time….1.40. I thought in my head, oh I got this, at least for 3-4 minutes. Nope, my body and mind gave in way sooner than I had hoped.
Was anyone else as shocked as I was to see some of the Kaia girls kick the CYPC ass? Talk about motivation! I will get there. Watching them was proof!
What are your weekly CYPC goals?
I went home and challenged my family. Bailey (my 9 year old daughter) + I are going to do our own little CYPC at home.
I found this on pinterest and thought we’d give it a shot.
Come back tomorrow 🙂